Show Menu Home Search Contact Us Recent Updates RSS Feed Information About Accessibility

Building Permits

Building Permit Fees V2Plumbing and Septic Permits are the responsibility of the Huron County Health Unit. Please click here to apply for a Plumbing and Septic Permit.

The Building Department is responsible for the issuance of building and demolition permits. The Building department enforces the Building Code Act and confirms the building is in compliance with the Ontario Building Code and the Township’s zoning by-law. The Building Department also processes municipal zoning compliance letters.

Prior to any construction or demolition please contact the building department by email at or by phone at 1-519-524-4669. Please click here for help determining if you require a Building Permit.

To submit a building permit application you may drop it off at the Township office at 82133 Council Line, Goderich, ON N7A 3Y2 or you may submit your application by email to . Building permit applications are available here or at the Township office.

Building Permit fees are available here.

Please refer to the following links to obtain additional information prior to applying for a permit on your property.

Huron County Interactive Mapping (GIS)

Zoning By-Law

Township By-Laws

Official Plan

Maitland Valley Conservation Authority

Ausable Bayfield Maitland Valley Source Protection Region

Ontario Building Code

Ministry of Transportation

Nutrient Management

Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs – Agricultural Structures

Once a Building Permit has been issued it is important that you call for the inspections provided here.